Joining a new sportsbook can be very exciting. But, even more exciting are the bonuses available exclusively for new customers. Most sportsbooks use these to attract new customers.
Below, we’ll explore some Illinois sportsbook sign-up bonus offers. First, you’ll find out where to get them and how best to exploit them. Then, in the end, we’ll answer some questions about Illinois sports betting sign-up welcome bonus offers.
- Best Illinois sportsbook sign-up bonuses in 2024
- What is a sportsbook sign-up bonus?
- Different types of sports betting sign-up bonuses
- How to get an Illinois sports betting sign-up welcome promo
- Tips for using your sign-up bonus
- Do Illinois Retail Sportsbooks Offer Welcome Bonuses?
- FAQs about Illinois Sportsbook Sign-up Bonus offers
Best Illinois sportsbook sign-up bonuses in 2024
Illinois Sportsbook Sign-up Bonus: All sites are 100% legal & licensed by the state.
|DraftKings Sportsbook Bet $5, get $150 in bonus bets
|Bet now DraftKings Sportsbook IL
|Caesars Sportsbook Up to $1,500 in bet credits
|Bet now Caesars Sportsbook IL
|BetRivers Sportsbook Get up to $500 in bonus bets
|Bet now BetRivers Sportsbook IL
|BetMGM Sportsbook Up to $1,000 in bonus bets
|Bet now BetMGM Sportsbook IL
|PointsBet Sportsbook Five Second Chance Bets Up To $100 Each
What is a sportsbook sign-up bonus?
First, let’s define a sports betting sign-up bonus in Illinois. As the name suggests, you get a bonus when you sign up for a sports betting site. It’s also commonly called a welcome bonus. Unfortunately, not all IL sportsbooks offer it, but those that do make it exclusive to new customers only. This means that if you already have an account with the sportsbook, you won’t qualify for a sign-up bonus.
There are different types of Illinois sportsbook promos on sign up, and each has its own rules for claiming. For example, you might receive a bonus bet but must make a real money deposit first. It’s up to the sportsbook to decide the type of welcome bonus they’ll offer you. We’ll discuss more about this later in the welcome bonus guide.
Different types of sports betting sign-up bonuses
As mentioned earlier, there are different types of welcome bonuses. Therefore, it’s difficult to say the best sports betting sign-up bonus Illinois bettors can claim. However, each is meant to encourage you to try the website. Here are some of the most common Illinois sportsbook sign-up promo offers.
To encourage new players to make a real money deposit, an Illinois sports betting deposit promo match will be offered. With this type of bonus, the sportsbook will credit your account with the same amount that you deposited.
So, if you put in $20, the sportsbook will add an extra $20 to your account, leaving you a total of $40. However, there’s usually a cap on how much there’ll match. So, the sportsbook might match up to $20, which means if you deposit $50, they’ll only give you an extra $20.
Similar to a deposit match, a bet match is when the sportsbook gives you a bonus bet worth the same stake as your real money bet. It essentially doubles your betting stake. Again, the betting site will add a cap on how much they’ll match.
This Illinois sports betting welcome promo is a way to get new customers to try a sportsbook for free. The bettor places a bet with it, and if they win, the winnings are added to their Illinois online gambling account.
However, when you claim this bonus, there are usually very strict terms and conditions. For example, some might require you to make a deposit first. Also, before withdrawing your bonus bet winnings, you might need to make a few real money bets first.
Another type of bonus bet is an insurance bet. It allows you to place a real money bet, but if the bet loses, you’ll get to keep your money. So you’ll basically have the chance to place another bet and try again.
How to get an Illinois sports betting sign-up welcome promo
Here are the steps to take in order to enjoy an Illinois sports betting new-user promo.
- Find a Good Sportsbook. Check out the Illinois sportsbook list and find the ones with a welcome bonus. There are several locally registered betting sites, so make sure to check for this. It’ll ensure that the site is legit and that your rights as a consumer are protected if things go wrong. Another way to check legitimacy is to see if they have any sponsorships with local teams. For example, Caesars Sportsbook is Chicago White Sox’s official sports betting partner, and PointsBet Sportsbook is the official betting partner of the Chicago Bears.
- Register An Account. When you’ve found legitimate sportsbooks with sign-up bonuses in Illinois, pick one to create an account with. Naturally, you can join as many sportsbooks as you want to, but keep in mind what value you can get from focusing on betting with one. To register, you must provide information such as your name, contact number, email and password. You’ll also need to verify that you’re physically located in Illinois and over the age of 21.
- Add Promo Code. To claim the Illinois sports betting new-user bonus, you must enter the promo code during the registration process. This code is usually a series of numbers and/or letters, and if the code is legit, the sportsbook form will accept it. However, if there’s an error or if it has expired, you’ll get a notification. Feel free to contact the customer support team if you’re struggling with the sign-up bonus code.
- Make a Deposit. Depending on the requirements of the Illinois sportsbook new-user promo bonus, you’ll need to make a deposit first. A no-deposit bonus only requires you to create a new account, but most other bonuses will require a minimum deposit.
Once you’ve successfully claimed your Illinois sportsbook sign-up bonus, you can start betting. First, check for any rules from the Ts&Cs about where you can use the bonus. For example, some bonuses, such as bonus bets, might only be useable on specified betting markets.
Tips for using your sign-up bonus
Having an Illinois sports betting new-user promo is great, but how you use it is just as important. So here are some tips on how to best use your bonus and make the most out of it.
Compare deposit bonuses
Compare deposit bonuses between sports betting sites to find the best one suited for your needs:
|DraftKings Illinois sign-up bonus
|BET $5, GET $150 IN BONUS BETS
|Caesars Illinois sign-up bonus
|UP TO $1,250 BONUS
|BetMGM Illinois sign-up bonus
|UP TO $1,000 IN BONUS BETS
|BetRivers Illinois sign-up bonus
|GET UP TO $500 IN BONUS BETS
Read The Terms & Conditions
You must read and understand the terms and conditions, whether it’s an Illinois sports betting deposit bonus or a no-deposit bonus bet. In addition, there’ll be rules on the minimum real money deposit and wagers you need to make before collecting your bonus winnings.
You’ll also know the validity period of the bonus, so make sure to use it before it expires. You might also be limited to which betting markets you can use the bonus on. So, research the sport if you need to become more familiar with it.
Use Bonus Winnings To Manage Your Bankroll
For example, you can use that extra cash to manage your bankroll if you get a matched Illinois sportsbook deposit bonus. While there might be wagering requirements on winnings from deposit bonuses, there’s still the opportunity to help you win more over time.
So, by understanding the Ts&Cs, you’ll know what type of budget to prepare for the wagering requirements.
Use The Bonus On A Sport You Understand Best
Depending on the Ts&Cs of the welcome bonus, you can use it on any sports betting market you want. So, if you’re a basketball fan, for example, use a bonus such as a bonus bet on an NBA game. This will increase the chances of a successful bet.
Do Illinois Retail Sportsbooks Offer Welcome Bonuses?
Yes, some retail sportsbooks will have welcome bonus offers for new customers. But, since we’re talking about IL online gambling sites in this article, the following is important to note. First, Illinois sports betting laws require all sites sportsbooks to have a retail partner.
Therefore, some of these sportsbooks will have a welcome offer to encourage bettors to go and bet at a physical location. It’s an opportunity for bettors to feel comfortable betting both online and at retail locations. It also helps them experience the brand differently.
These are some sportsbooks that might have an IL welcome bonus at their retail partner locations:
- BetMGM Sportsbook at Par-A-Dice Hotel & Casino
- Caesars Sportsbook at Grand Victoria Casino
- PointsBet at Hawthorne Race Course
- DraftKings Sportsbook at Casino Queen in East St. Louis
- BetRivers Sportsbook at Bet Rivers Casino Des Plaines
FAQs about Illinois Sportsbook Sign-up Bonus offers
First, let’s look at some frequently asked questions about Illinois sports betting sign-up bonus offers.
Who can get a sign-up bonus in IL?
Anyone who creates a new sports betting account with a sportsbook offering sign-up bonuses can qualify. It’s important, however, that you’re in line with betting laws in Illinois. For example, you need to be physically located in IL and you should be over the age of 21 years.
Is there any sign-up bonus for Unibet Sportsbook in Illinois?
Yes, there is. You can find Unibet Sportsbook review on our website.
Do I need a promo code to claim an Illinois sports betting sign-up bonus?
Only sometimes. Some sportsbooks will require a promo code during the registration process. You’ll have the option to add it as you fill out the sign-up form along with your other personal details. So, if you have a promo code, you can add it here.
However, in other circumstances, the sportsbook might automatically credit your account with the bonus upon completion of creating the account.
How do I withdraw my sign-up bonus winnings?
The sportsbook will give you details on how to make a withdrawal from bonus winnings. That’s because there are likely to be wagering requirements tied to the bonus. For example, if you use a bonus bet and win, the winnings will be available to withdraw once you place a number of real money bets. This is a way of preventing bonus abuse by dishonest bettors.
Are sports betting legal in IL?
Yes, sports betting has been legal in Illinois. The legislation was passed in 2019, and physical betting locations went live in March 2020. From there the first online sports betting site was launched in June 2018. Since then, a number of well-known brands have been operating in IL.
Which Illinois sportsbooks have sign-up bonuses?
It’s up to each sportsbook to provide a sign-up bonus or not. Most of them will have one as a way of attracting new customers. Check the betting sites for details of any welcome bonuses they may have.